1/2 package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, to sprinkle the counter
3 tablespoons apricot preserves or ground cinnamon
How to make it?
- Have the puff pastry at room temperature if it was in freezer before.
- Prepare a bowl half filled with water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in thin slices. After that, place the sliced apples in the bowl.
- Microwave the apples in the bowl for about 3 minutes.
- Create a rectangular shape from puff pastry of about 12 x 9 inch (30 x 22 cm). Cut the dough in 6 strips, each about 2 x 9 inch (5 x 22 cm).
- In a bowl, place three tablespoons of apricot preserves with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about one minute so that the preserves will be easier to spread. Spread a thin layer of preserves on each strip of dough.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Drain the apples.
- Arrange the apple slices on the dough, overlapping one another. Make sure the top of the slices sticks a little out of the strip. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Fold up the bottom part of the dough.
- Starting from one end, carefully roll the dough, keeping the apple slices in place. Seal the edge at the end, pressing with your finger, and place in a regular muffin cup. No need to grease the muffin mold if it’s silicone. Otherwise, make sure to grease with butter and flour.
- Do the same for all 6 roses. Bake at 375°F (190°C) for about 40-45 minutes, until fully cooked.